Who is Susie Allen?
I am physical therapist by day and a knit and crochet wear designer by night, I often marry my two professions into one. I am inspired by the natural world around me, especially by its texture and color which I often take and translate into my designs. When not knitting or crocheting, I can be found being a mom and wife or indulging my passions for hiking and running.
What do I do?
I am an extroverted, social person who can be found teaching at many of your favorite local yarn shops such as The Village Knitter in Babylon, NY, Knit New Haven in New Haven, CT or at the Green Mountain Knitters Weekend in Putney, VT. I have also taught at the TKGA/CGOA National Conference. I love to share my passion of knitting and crocheting. I love to hear your stories about how you became a passionate needlework artist as well. I am also the Vice President and active member of my local guild chapter of the Eastern Long Island Knitters Guild.
Where can you find my designs? (Other than Ravelry)
- Stitch Mountain by Laura Zander , published by Soho Publishing
- Mother’s Day Bouquet Collection- Jimmy Beans Wool
- A Green Mountain Weekend- published by Green Mountain Spinnery
- 60 Quick Knits from America’s Yarn Shops- Cascade Yarns, published by Soho Publishing
- Cascade Aran Vests published by Soho Publishing (November 2014)
- 60 Quick Cowls: Cascade Yarns (Due out later in 2015)
- For Blind Buck Farms- Salem, NY